Thanks much for following my cards! It's such a delight to have you!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Kicks on Route 66!

Hi!
Route 66 from Oklahoma all the way to Sunny California!  It's called I-40 now, but one can take many little side tracks off the freeway to stay on the original 2 lane historic Route 66.  Only problem now is that I can't get that song out of my head- Get Your Kicks on Route 66!  We didn't do much kicking on the way.  It is mostly a desolate desert except when going through the mountains that take one to the Grand Canyon.  Over 1,500 miles from where we live to California.  An hour and a half from our house to Route 66....don't get off and you will find me!  We will be heading home sometime the 2nd week of August.  I'm glad we have a big neighbor down the way, over the creek, named Earl.  He keeps his shotgun in his truck.  Good ol' Boy you would call him.  Great neighbor!  I am missing home but loving to see my family and especially my son.  It has been a full year!  EWWWW (a delighted squeal) I squeezed him so hard and even got a lip kiss from him!  Pretty good from a 38 year old grown man.  But he loves his Momma.  And I sure love him.  We lost his 22 year old sister sometime back.  My son is extra special to me, as I am sure yours are to you, too.  Sons are great!  Daughter's are great!

Oh, oh, oh!  Almost forgot!  Got featured on Sassy Saturday's Spotlight!  Doesn't that name just get you?  Sassy Saturday's Spotlight is _________ (fill in your name)!  For Dorothy, Follow the Yellow Brick Road.  Very exciting.  A special badge even!  Thank you Mary, at Sassy Studios!

Not sure if we will take Route 66 or follow the Yellow Brick Road home, but we will get there!  I'll be back on Friday for an ATC and Card's with Attitude post and hopefully a birthday card for my hubby.  Wouldn't it be just awful to make cards all year and not have one for my hubby?  Does seem to happen that way sometimes.  Bad me.

Bye for now, ya all.  I am hoping you enjoy a little something this week.  Life is tough for many of us so I really do hope for a bright spot for you.  Talk soon!

Manderly
xxxooo

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on the spotlight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! WOW!! Congratulations Manderly, I just clicked the link and had a read, that was or is a gorgeous card, and so well deserved to be spotlighted..well done you..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate that you take the time to tell me you like something I've created...or not like! You help keep me inspired. Every comment has a face and is precious to me. Thank you so very much!